Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wow - where has the time gone?

February? Are you freakin kidding me? It is already February? Time has gone by so quickly and I can't believe my little ladies are about to turn 1! One year ago, I was in the hospital, settling in for a month long stay, awaiting the arrival of my girls.


So, I am back to trying this blog thing once again. I am finding I can better manage my time these days and life with the little ones has gotten pretty interesting lately.



Let me get you all up to speed. Connor is now 4 and a half and is hilarious. Seriously, he's a funny little guy. Totally obsessed with dinosaurs and often acts like one and quizzes me on which dino he is pretending to be. When I get it wrong (and I say when not if, because I know jack about dino's) he chides me and then gives me a lecture on the dino in question.



He also thinks he can do everything himself (very independent). Here he is trying (unsuccessfully) to make a mohawk with the handsoap in the bathroom:

So that's the Connor update.

Onto the girls.


Emma is a spitfire...she has such a fun spirit and happy personality. She loves to laugh, wrestle, climb...definetly a bit of a tomboy. She fell and hit the edge of a bench in our kitchen which resulted in her first black eye (I bet money that she would be our first child to go to the ER. This didn't get her there, but it was still scary...for us, at least. She cried for like a second and then tried to climb the bench again.)





She is walking -started at 9 months, doing a little here and there, but now (at 11 and a half months) walking about 90% of the time. She looks like a little drunk but it's super cute to watch.



Briar is also walking but she's a lot sturdier on her feet. She walks about 100% of the time. She is an absolute doll. She's our cuddler, princess, girly girl. She is also super sensitive and very bossy. She loves telling Connor and Emma "no" and gets her feelings hurt about a thousand times a day. Oh, and she's a thumb sucker when she's sleepy:





Great! Now everyone is up to speed on the happenings of the kiddos. Now I can start talking about the good stuff....

I am still at home. No job for me and it doesn't appear there are any jobs on the horizon. The kids and I are in a groove so it's been fun. The girls just stopped drinking formula - cha ching. $250 back in our pockets. Of course, now Emma's reflux is acting up and we can't help but wonder if it's the milk. I suspect she is eating too much. The girl eats like a marine. Double fisting food and shoving it in her mouth at an unnatural rate. She hates being fed things on a spoon and loves feeding herself (control freak), so I think I just need to teach her to slow down a bit.

We are in a seperation anxiety phase (the girls) and an attention getting phase (Connor), which is super fun. For those of you that haven't experienced these phases, let me give you a little glimpse into an average day at my house. I am sitting on the floor with the kids (I have to sit on the floor because for some reason if I sit on the furniture, my girls scream bloody murder). I am a jungle gym. Literally. I have 3 kids sitting or climbing on me in some way. When I stand up to get a drink of water...screaming. It seems I have to be completely focused on them AND physically touching them in someway, or there is severe anxiety. All the while, Connor is feeling a bit left out, so add in some dinosaur noises and running around. I am assurred this is a phase and will pass soon. It didn't use to be this way and I remember those awesome moments where the kids didn't even care if I was in the same room. Awe memories.

Bobby and I are still getting into a rythmn of me being home. It's weird when you've worked for most of the marriage...staying home is a completely different ball game. Chores shift, things become more annoying because I am home all day to notice the socks that were thrown in front of the laundry chute but not actually put down the laundry chute (for example), and there are times where I find I am just simply uninteresting. Yep, I said it. Love my kids, but there was a time in my life when I had things to say. I had things to talk about. Like, politics and drama at work. Now, I am with my kids all the time. So the things I have to talk about now are how much Briar drooled today or that Connor and I made a super awesome marble maze.

It sounds like I am complaining and I'm not. I just realized how different I am today compared to a year ago. I use coupons at the grocery store for crying out loud! I make organic baby food and bake with whole wheat flour. Fridays are craft days. I am having conversations with my four year old about what words mean and what heaven is like, because I am the one he is around most of the time and these things come up. I like the new me, but occassionally miss the old me. The person who would get a Starbucks whenever I felt like it without thinking how much a couple of coffees a month cost. The person who never planned dinner because I was the last one home and it always fell to Bobby to do that. I just never realized it was possible to change so much in a year...or maybe I was always this person deep down, but never had the time to know it. I am relaxed, not stressed. I feel happy almost all of the time. That's a nice change. Mostly, I am just really thankful for my life and my family. And am glad that I have the time to stop and smell the roses now (er, and the dirty socks in front of the laundry chute).

Anyway, that's what's happening here. So until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow such a nice blog post love it. If you want to recommend to some for IVF treatment then you can suggest her/him to clinic by choice website. Here they will find the best centres of IVF treatment in India who provide the best fertility solution at really cheap prices. Just visit here: IVF Centre in Punjab

    ReplyDelete