Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tomorrow I become a runner...

Well, maybe not a runner....but tomorrow I do start attempting to run. (insert shock at this statement here!). For those of you that know me, I am not a runner. I am more of an out-of-shape mom that had two (count em two) babies 12 weeks ago. I'm mushy and gushy all over. Which is exactly why I have decided to run. You see, I'm in the mindset that running is an activity where you can get more bang for your buck...you can get a great workout in the least amount of time. And since time is not something that I have in abundance these days, running it shall be. I even picked a 5k race to train for and have told everybody and their dog (including you, little blog world) that I will be running in said race. So, like I said before...tomorrow I become a runner....today I'll enjoy an icy cold beer in the sunshine and possibly a strawberry shortcake later. Hey, if I become a runner tomorrow, than I can still be my mushy gushy self today (lol).

So anywho, let's talk about what's been happening with the Wilson Family five these past few weeks.

I started back to work. I decided to go part time and luckily my boss agreed to this schedule. Woo hoo. I'll be working only 2 days a week which gives me lots of time to enjoy the summer and my kiddos. Weird that I put summer before kiddos just then. Anyway, I think it will be a nice balance.

Things have been going great with the girls. They are officially sleeping through the night - which I am loving! I am now back in my bed. For those of you that don't know, I have been sleeping in the girl's room because Bobby has epilepsy and he can't be woken up at night (we already know that it can result in a seizure from experience). So I have a little twin bed in the girl's room and have been sleeping there. Well, just as I did with Connor, I said at 12 weeks I would move back to our room. So I did, and they don't seem to miss me. It helps that they are sleeping all night, because I don't have to make the trek up and down stairs a million times a night. And it's nice for me because if you count the month I was in the hospital, it has been 4 long months since I have slept in my bed. Yikes! The next step is to move them to their own cribs...stay tuned to hear how that goes.

Miss Emma Belle has started rolling over. It's really cute, but the little turkey gets stuck on her tummy and pitches a fit if you don't assist her back to her back. Briar seems content to stay on her back, but she likes to blah blah and entertains us with her long winded stories. Her facial expressions when she talks are just hilarious.

Connor is continuing on with the sassy mouth, but he's also sweeter than ever...if that makes sense. Everyone keeps telling me it's because he's 3 and when he's 4, things will get better. I think they are called the trying 3's and boy that certainly holds true for us. But at the same time, he's an excellent helper and so sweet to his sisters, whom he absolutely adores. I keep waiting for the jealousy to kick in, but he sincerely seems to think they are the bees knees.

We've had a couple hot days and I'm starting to get worried for summer. We don't have air conditioning you see (gasp!). But in our defense, we live in a town where air conditioning is literally only needed for maybe 4 weeks out of the year. We talk about getting it, but then those 4 weeks pass by and we're all "we really don't NEED it" and "We are so 'green' by not polluting the ozone".

The fact of the matter is we probably really do need it with 3 young kids and after this summer might be singing a different tune about that damn ozone layer. But for this summer, we are going to beat the heat the old fashioned way. I've stocked the mini fridge in the man's room in the basement and we are basically going to live down there and outside in the kiddie pool.

I really am going to try to blog more. I feel like I've lost my "funny" because I spend all my blog time giving updates and can't talk about the really important stuff like super poopy diapers or when I went to the bathroom for 2 seconds and Connor decided to put "lotion" (ie diaper cream) on his sister's head because it looked dry. You see those are things that funny blogs are made of, and yet....you are stuck with updates. Ah well, maybe next time I will bring the funny :-)

Till then......

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I support your 5K run. You can do it! Love the story about Connor putting diaper cream on one of the girl's heads. Heehee Nice visual.

    ReplyDelete