Thursday, May 27, 2010

What a difference a week makes....

Remember when I was all excited about my new part time work schedule...the one I raved about to a lot of you? Well, that's over. No, not just the part time schedule, but the job altogether. You see, my unit has been working on grant money because last year our department was dissolved and the only way for us to continue was to be self sustaining. Our appointments were due to end on June 19th of this year, but since we still have grant money we were hopeful they would be extended. Um, yeah...not so much. So June 19th, I'll be out of a job. Boo to that! This is a tricky situation because there is an issue of whether or not me working is worth it. After you pay childcare for 3 kids, it has to be a pretty darn good job. We are trying to figure out health insurance, since I provided that and my husband is self employed....this is the big issue. *Sigh*

In the meantime, looks like I'll be looking for jobs while trying out the SAHM thing for awhile. I have to admit, I'm excited to be home with the kids - a little stressed about how on earth we are going to swing it, but if I've learned anything these past 7 years it's that things will work out and God will provide for us. Just gotta keep the faith :-)

The little turkey's are doing great! Briar has decided she is tired of Emma getting all of the attention when rolling over, so she has started to try it. She can get half way, but she's a little chunkier than Emma, so she just can't quite get over. Oh, and the sleeping through the night thing? Uh, yeah...they happen to be awesome at it. 2 weeks of continuous night sleeping - I'm in twin momma heaven (and because I'm pretty sure I just jinxed myself by proclaiming this to the world, I am not knocking all on kinds of wood!).

The dreaded pink eye has hit our house. Right now Connor is the only one with the "crusties" but since he is constantly intruding on people's bubbles, I believe it is only a matter of time till we all look like zombies...walking around with pink, goopy eyes. Gross.

I'm super excited for the holiday weekend because we are tearing down some walls around our staircase to open up our house a bit. Man I love being married to a contractor. Doing a pretty large remodel, over 1 weekend, with a 3 year old and 3 month old twins? Are we crazy you may be asking. Um, yep...I'm pretty sure we are. We have this weird need to put our lives in a constant state of stress. Seriously. I think we thrive better that way for some reason. Will we be busy and on edge? mmmmhmmmmm. Who wouldn't? And I'm not ashamed to say that there will probably be some F-bombs dropped from yours truly (some might argue that the F-bomb part isn't different from any other day....I'm working on cutting back). But in the end, the project will be done and I'll let Bobby take a short breath before I start pressuring him to move on to the next project (lol).

Okey dokey, better get some bottles ready and my little man some cereal. Oh, don't even get me started on the cereal. I have made Connor a hot breakfast since he could eat solid foods, and for some reason these past few months whenever I ask him what he wants, it's just cereal (dry) in a bowl. C'mon kid, I'm offering you a wonderful hot, yummy breakfast...but no, he wants fruit loops. I never even used to keep cereal in the house, now we have every kind under the sun. Someone on the cartoon network must be a marketing genius because they got my kid ;-)

Till next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment